Located in Central The us, Costa Rica is just about 20,000 square miles in sizing, with a population of extra than 4.5 million individuals. Formally known as the Republic of Costa Rica, this one of a kind nation is bordered by Nicaragua, Panama, the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean.
Though Spanish is the official language, lots of men and women in the place are also fluent in English. San Jose is the cash and largest city, with approximately a single out of four residents living in or all around San Jose.
Info About Costa Rica
No matter if you are planning a journey for trip or organization, are contemplating a location to retire abroad, or you are merely intrigued in discovering more about this wonderful region, comply with alongside for 12 entertaining details about Costa Rica.
- The common everyday living expectancy is about 79 a long time (compared to 76 yrs in the U.S.).
- The state is greatly regarded for getting many unique species of birds. Estimates advise that the nation has about 850 hen species. About two-thirds of the birds are non-migratory and the rest are touring through en route to South The us.
- Costa Rica is recognized as being environmentally progressive. It has fulfilled all the standards necessary to evaluate environmental sustainability and is rated 5th worldwide by the Environmental Overall performance Index.
- There are six active volcanoes on Costa Rica and extra than 60 dormant volcanoes. The Poás Volcano in the Poás Volcano Nationwide Park is a single of the most lively volcanoes in the region. Irazu is the greatest volcano in the country, at in excess of 11,200 feet. The last sizeable volcanic eruption was additional than 100 decades ago in 1910.
- Italian explorer Christopher Columbus traveled alongside the country’s east coastline in 1502 for the duration of one particular of his voyages to the Americas.
- Soccer (also acknowledged as “futbol”) is by much the most preferred activity.
- Coffee and bananas are two significant international exports for the country. Coffee generation has a abundant history in the region, starting through the 19th century.
- Out of 19 nations, Costa Rica is rated the safest region in Latin The usa by Latinvex. This is favorable for tourists traveling to the area, and for businesses including nearshore firms with workplaces in Costa Rica.
- The place has seven different provinces: San José, Alajuela, Heredia, Cartago, Guanacaste, Puntarenas and Limon. The nationwide cash and biggest city is San José, situated in the San José province.
- Costa Rica is household to a single of the most popular cloud forests (also referred to as a fog forest) in the environment. A cloud forest is a tropical or subtropical forest that is persistently protected by a minimal-amount cloud. The country’s Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve is the greatest cloud forest in Central The united states.
- Countrywide parks, wild everyday living and nature reserves make up about one quarter of the land.
- The wet period commences in Could and goes into November. For the duration of this time, rain showers are prevalent in the course of the afternoon.